- Loss Prevention Services
The Loss Prevention section of the Division of Risk Management, Department of Treasury, works with agency executives, managers, and risk coordinators to help them avoid unnecessary risk, prevent losses, and control the costs of loss.
We offer the following loss prevention consulting services:
- Provide on-site consultation to assist with loss exposure identification, evaluation, and recommendations.
- Review annual agency risk reports, loss data and complaints, claims and suits. Establish benchmarks and monitor performance.
- Issue periodic (monthly, quarterly, annual) loss reports upon request, and ad hoc reporting on specific risks.
- Identify risk exposures, research current risk control techniques, and advise agencies on the application of risk controls and the implementation of loss prevention programs.
- Communicate information on safety and risk management through presentations at scheduled agency meetings and seminars.
- Develop/provide educational and training materials to assist agencies and departments in their efforts to improve claims experience and reduce loss costs.
- Work with agencies to implement effective return to work programs.