- Extension to Report
- Rejected Holder Report
If due to unforeseen circumstances you realize that you will not be able to complete your report by the May 1st deadline you may request for an extension. The longest extension we are able to give is a one-time 30 day extension. To receive the extension please complete this Request for Extension form and either fax or e-mail it to our office. Once we receive your request we will confirm your request with you.
If you need more time than the 30 day extension penalties may apply. Please send in a request for a waiver of your penalties at the time you submit your report. Approval of waiver of penalties will be determined on a case by case basis depending on the circumstances.
Once we receive your holder report we will verify that it meets all the requirements. Below are the most common reasons a holder report is not accepted. If your holder report is rejected you will be contacted by phone and/or mail with an explanation of what items need to be corrected. Depending on the circumstances penalties may start accruing on the May 1st due date or we may provide a grace period for you to fix your report and resubmit it to our office.
- Did not receive a NAUPA approved electronic file.
- The file was not encrypted with our required encryption method.
- We did not receive payment and/or transfer of securities.
- The amount of your report did not equal your payment.
Tennessee Law provides for penalties to be assessed for noncompliance with the law. There are two types of penalties:
- Failure to report or perform other duties required by law.
- Failure to pay or deliver property as required by law.
To determine how a penalty is calculated you can use this worksheet.